Thursday, September 3, 2009

Eat Real Festival

Sucks to be you if you missed out on the Eat Real Festival at Jack London Square the last weekend of August. Actually sucked to be me because I had NO money. Well, it didn't suck that bad because BHboy was nice enough to treat me to some food and there were tons of free samples. I think I ate 4 yogurt samples from Stonyfield. YUM. YUM. It was also HOT, HOT, HOT out there so we just parked ourselves right by the music stage which still had shade.

Check out the huge paella pans (or whatever you would call those behemots).

The one thing that did bother me was I saw no signs of compost and recycling bins but all the vendors used compostable utensils and paperware. Things that make you go hmmmmmm?

On the way back, I passed by The Home of Chicken and Waffles which has 4-7 Happy Hour deal of 2-1 drinks and a clockbeater entree e.g. you arrive at 4pm then that's your entree price.





No comments:

Post a Comment