Sunday, August 2, 2009

Inspiration to blog

I spent the day with my friend BHboy today and we had experienced so many good sides to Oakland just this weekend alone, but the news always seems to pick up the more negative aspect. I LIVE IN WEST OAKLAND AND LOVE OAKLAND for its diversity (despite all the talk of corrupt politicians, crime and poverty) and have always tried to get people to see that it has a lot to offer. Anyway, BHboy in his youthful wisdom suggested I should blog about all the cool things this city has to do. Bare in mind that as geeky as I am, I am not into the web social scene (even my boss is dumbfounded that I don't have a F*c#book profile) and only carry around a mobile phone because I have to for work.
I'm a bit drained today from a sweet meal at Drunken Fish Sushi (3314 Piedmont Ave, 94611) after sipping wine in peaceful Morcom Rose Garden (700 Jean St, 94610) and strolling through the second day of Lake Fest at Lakeshore. There were some great bands and I almost got my groove on.
Tomorrow I'm getting a lesson in crystal healing from my new friend Sheila who co-owns Satin Crystals with her sister Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment